Saving becomes effective when you add it as a routine. However it is not that easy, and a few things need to be taken care of. Here are some easy tips on saving money on day to day expenses:
(1) Carry your lunch – If you carry your own lunch daily you save close to NZ$15 daily. That is a lot of money isn’t it?
(2) Using public transport – Going to office daily means a lot of expenses on petrol. Use the public transport to save money and help the environment in the process as well.
(3) Avoid the convenience store – Prices of goods at convenience stores are a whopping 45% higher than super stores. So a bit of taking time out to shop at a super store can save you a lot of money on daily use articles.
(4) Saving on phone calls – Using the internet for messages and calls is cheaper. So the way to go is to use more of this resource.
(5) Use internet for comparison before buying – There are a lot of good deals on the internet. Check and compare before purchase the savings are considerable.
These tips on saving money on day to day expenses can really help you save at places you possibly had not considered before, so go ahead and use them. Saving is not rocket science, it is a bit of common sense mixed with some relevant ideas.